Saturday, December 4, 2010

An American National Food Item - and I had thought it was Burgers and Fries.

I am pretty sure it is not just me either but one of this English Girl's pet peeves with American food is their love of all things cinnamon.  I can understand it (maybe) at this time of year with the festive season coming up on us, but it seems that Americans are obsessed with all things cinnamon tasting and not just at Christmas.  Unfortunately for this English Girl - it is probably my most least liked flavouring.  A little in some mulled wine - fine - but here in the US you just cannot get away from it.

Cinnamon rolls, cinnamon flavoured latter and I am yet to find an Apple Pie which has not been flavoured in some way with cinnamon.  It is like it is the American national flavouring and as such it must therefore be included in all food items.  

Only last week this English Girl decided to treat herself  to a pastry with her morning cup of coffee.  Having decided on a treat of what looked like a yummy chocolate twist - just imagine my dismay when I bit into it and yes you guessed it was cinnamon flavoured too.   You have been warned!

1 comment: