Sunday, October 3, 2010

UGG Boots and Daisy Dukes

Since moving to Los Angeles I have not had to wear a winter coat - well not whilst being in California itself.   So it makes sense that I haven't had to wear snow shoes, fake-fur lined boots, nor anything vaguely resembling a wellington boot since moving here.  In fact the whole of my normal everyday London wardrobe pretty much remains redundant at this point. 

But everywhere I go in Los Angeles I see girls in UGG boots - generally pared with a pair of cut-off jean shorts.  This fashion statement I just don't get.  If it's hot enough to be wearing shorts (which admittedly it is most of the time in SoCal), its probably too hot to be wearing a sheepskin lined boot. 

 
I admit, okay that I probably have a slightly skewered view of the world with a lot of my friends emanating from Australia - the home of the UGG boot - where Aussie girls would never deign to wear an indoor shoe outside but the Daisy duke - UGG boot pairing is (sorry girls) one I just do not understand - although if based on the numbers I have seen just this weekend, UGG probably have become the biggest Australian export since Kylie Minogue.

I know - Kylie who?

1 comment: